As a legally blind non-driver, the image of a swinging traffic signal over my head does not produce the automatic, muscle-memory drive to GO! I’ve never felt the surge of an engine under an accelerating foot.
But today, deep in the cold of January, the new year wearing a bit thin, I need to dig into that secondary definition, the one to do with permission to move ahead. I need to give a green light to:
- knowing myself and my very introverted limitations
- saying a respectful “no,” as needed, and being at peace with the outcome
- moving this body more, because it feels good, not tied to visible results
- doing my own creative work before consuming others’ efforts
- naps as needed
- handwork and lens-work and paper-work as well as word-work
What could you give a green light to today?
Gratefully writing along
with other good folks
Joining in: Lists With Friends 2014