I’m with Amanda, in that I don’t feel so guilty about these little treats. When I give myself the gift of enjoying the sorts of things below, I feel a little pampered, a little indulged. A bit like I’m playing hooky from adult responsibility for a few moments. Ah. . .
- an afternoon cup of coffee, just because, accompanied by a chapter of my current library book
- watching my favorite Jane Austen movie adaptations, over and over
- dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds
- rereading books for the atmosphere they create or the way they make me feel. Not high literature, but winter will always find me returning to The Shell Seekers or Coming Home by Rosamunde Pilcher, and summer finds me back at Manderley with Rebecca. Each Advent I revisit Mitford with Jan Karon’s Shepherds Abiding.
- scented candles. I stalk sales, change scents with the seasons, and love discovering a new favorite.
- wool socks popped in the dryer for a moment
- knowing what is for dinner that night, at breakfast time
- the Friday evening feeling, all my people at home, the weekend stretched out before us
What’s your pleasure, guilty or otherwise? Could you give yourself the gift of one today?
Gratefully writing (and photographing)
along with other lovely folks
Joining in: Lists with Friends 2014