A long long time ago, in Internet time, I was part of a community of women brought together by dear Suzanne, at her blog Suziebeezieland. At the time, most of us did some form of scrapbooking or memory keeping, and loved photos and pretty things and good food and Suzanne’s warm spirit.
As happens with any sort of group, over time we have all drifted, somehow or other, away from our own blogs, into new hobbies or pursuits. Our children have been born and have grown relentlessly taller. Some of us have packed our moving boxes more than once.
But we all still love seeing each other’s names in our in -boxes! One of our own, Elizabeth, had a bright idea for the new year. We will reconnect through lists on our blogs, once a week or so, casual and no pressure and for fun and friendship.
I’m in! For January at least, I thought I would try an experiment. Each Thursday I will write a list, with the theme determined by Amanda’s prompt of the day.
See what I did there?
So, something(s) new around here:
- my dearest received a Nutribullet for Christmas. We are the smoothie channel. All smoothies, all the time.
- for our New Year’s Day hike, Joshua encouraged us to try a trail he had hiked with his Scout troop on a trip last May. My favorite new thing might be that we have reached the point where both boys are introducing us to new, good stuff, rather than us always taking the lead.
- I’ve embraced reading dystopian young adult fiction. Not necessarily my number one genre of choice, but the great discussions we’ve been having with the boys about society and culture are golden. And see above– they love it when they get us to read something we can’t put down.
- (trying to) write every. single. day. Toward the end of 2013, I wrote more often and more volume than in any recent years, but I would like to build it into my day like brushing teeth or drinking water. Essential. Unmissable. Life-giving.
- ditto for my yoga practice. This would not be something band new, since I practiced every single day for almost four months over the summer, but my mat has seen far too little of me since mid-October.
What is new with you?
Gratefully writing along with other lovely folks